We offer mindfulness courses and workshops in Central London, WC1, near King's Cross, St Pancras, and Euston. Our programme is led by mindfulness teacher and author Ed Halliwell. Ed is highly experienced, having taught the 'gold-standard' mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) course more than 60 times. He has also taught mindfulness in organisations such as Imperial College Business School, University College London, Tate, The School of Life, Accenture and UNICEF UK. Ed is also an advisor and former co-director of The Mindfulness Initiative, which is supporting the Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group to develop mindfulness-based policies for the UK. He has written three books, most recently Into The Heart of Mindfulness. According to Psychologies magazine, Ed is "one of the UK's most popular mindfulness teachers", while the Guardian calls him "one of the UK's leading mindfulness instructors and writers."
Our public offering in London includes:
8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course with Ed Halliwell
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is the gold standard eight-week mindfulness course. The course teaches us how to cultivate awareness and be less caught up in automatic thoughts, feelings and behaviour patterns. Participants learn meditation practices which can transform daily life, including sitting meditation, body scanning and mindful movement.
One-Day Introductory Workshop with Ed Halliwell (Early bird rate available)
- 10th March 2017, 10am-5pm, with Ed Halliwell at Hamilton House, WC1. Find out more.
- 9th June 2017 2017, 10am-5pm, with Ed Halliwell at Hamilton House, WC1. Find out more.
- 20th October 2017 2017, 10am-5pm, with Ed Halliwell at Hamilton House, WC1. Find out more.
Graduate Refresher Course with Ed Halliwell
For 4 weekly sessions from Tuesday 16th May - Tuesday 16th June 2017 from 6.30pm-8.30pm (the first session is an orientation session) with Ed Halliwell at Hamilton House, WC1. Find out more
Introduction to Mindfulness - Residential Weekend Retreat
- 24th-26th March 2017, Lingfield, Surrey, with Ed Halliwell. Fully booked. Join the waiting list
- 8th-10th September 2017, Lingfield, Surrey, with Ed Halliwell. Find out more.
Mindfulness Residential Graduate Retreat in Lingfield, Surrey
- 16th-18th June 2017, Lingfield, Surrey, with Ed Halliwell. Fully booked. Join the waiting list
- 24th-26th November 2017, Lingfield, Surrey with Ed Halliwell. Find out more.
Five-Day Retreat for Graduates (residential)
- 21st - 25th August 2017, Lingfield, Surrey, with Ed Halliwell. Find out more.
About Ed Halliwell
Our mindfulness courses, workshops and retreats are taught by Ed Halliwell. Ed has been teaching mindfulness in London since 2010, and is co-author of three books: Into The Heart of Mindfulness, Mindfulness: How To Live Well By Paying Attention, and The Mindful Manifesto. He is an advisor to The Mindfulness Initiative, which is supporting the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Mindfulness to develop mindfulness-based policies for the UK, and is also on the faculty at The School of Life. Find out more about Ed
In 2016 Ed was invited to do a talk 'Mindfulness - Beyond The Hype' for Action for Happliness. Watch this talk below:
You may also be interested to watch:
- Ed talking about mindfulness and depression for the Mental Health Foundation's 'Be Mindful' campaign.
- A podcast interview with Ed and Action for Happiness.
You may also be interested to read:
- Ed's regular blog posts for mindful.org.
- Meet Ed Halliwell, lads' mag editor turned mindfulness expert (The Telegraph)
- Other Media coverage of Ed's work.
- Testimonials from people who've participated in our courses.